I am a certified personal trainer and wellness coach with a graduate degree in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention from Springfield College – my thesis was helping people make lifestyle change in the areas of physical activity, nutrition, sleep, stress relief, etc. I have 10 years of experience in the fitness and wellness field, where I worked with over 300 people to help them accomplish and maintain their fitness and health goals, changing their lives.
- MS in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Springfield College
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise
- Certified Wellness Coach, Wellcoaches
- Certified Lifestyle Coach, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- TRX and Suspension Training Certification, National Personal Training Institution
- Kettlebell Weight Training Certification, National Personal Training Institution
I have helped clients complete full push ups and pull ups, lose hundreds of pounds, go from the couch to running 5ks and half-marathons, and hike all over the world. Clients are doing activities they never thought they would be capable of and feeling fitter, healthier, and more confident than ever before.
Areas of Focus:
- Lifestyle training and change
- Functional training
- General fitness
- Metabolic training
- Strength training
- Weight loss
- Injury prevention and recovery
- Flexibility and mobility
- Wellness coaching
I love to be active outdoors and try all types of fitness activities. I have been an athlete since high school, enjoying basketball, weight lifting, trail running, and obstacle course racing. After several injuries in the last few years, my focus shifted to developing mobility, flexibility, treatment, and rest practices for myself, and how to create them for my clients.
I look forward to continuing to promote integrated exercise and lifestyle training so that my clients achieve a higher level of fitness and health that they can maintain. Fitness and health does not just happen in the gym, but becomes a lifestyle that transcends; it is not just for today, but for a better you for tomorrow.
~ Maria K, Independent Accounting Professional