I am a certified personal trainer and wellness coach with a graduate degree in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention from Springfield College – my thesis was helping people make lifestyle change in the areas of physical activity, nutrition, sleep, and stress relief. I have 10 years of experience in the fitness and wellness field, where I have worked with hundreds of people to help them accomplish and maintain their fitness and health goals, upgrading their lives.
- MS in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Springfield College
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise
- Certified Wellness Coach, Wellcoaches
- Certified Lifestyle Coach, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- TRX and Suspension Training Certification, National Personal Training Institution
- Kettlebell Weight Training Certification, National Personal Training Institution
I have helped clients complete full push ups and pull ups, lose hundreds of pounds, go from the couch to running 5ks and half-marathons, and hike all over the world. Clients are doing activities they never thought they would be capable of and feeling fitter, healthier, and more confident than ever before.
Areas of Focus:
- Injury Recovery & Reinjury Reduction
- Strength Training for Function & Life
- Performance Training for Athletes
- Functional Fitness for Movement & Lifestyle Enhancement
- Weight Loss for Improved Energy & Overall Health
I spent the last 6 years competing in races ranging from a 50K trail race to a 24 hour obstacle course race, culminating in my ultimate dream where I qualified for the Obstacle Course World Championship in October. After several injuries in the past, my focus shifted to developing mobility, flexibility, and recovery practices for myself and my clients.
I continue to promote integrated exercise and lifestyle training so that my clients achieve and maintain a higher level of fitness and health. Fitness and health does not just happen in the gym, but becomes a lifestyle that transcends; it is not just for today, but for a better you for tomorrow.
Spartan Beast obstacle course race Killington, VT 2015
~ Maria K, Independent Accounting Professional